Depression is a common mental disorder, characterized by sadness, loss of interest or pleasure, feelings of guilt or low self-worth, disturbed sleep or appetite, feelings of tiredness, and poor concentration.
Globally, more than 350 million people of all ages suffer from depression.
* It is the leading cause of disability worldwide, and is a major contributor to the global burden of disease.
* More women are affected by depression than men.
* Common among the introverts.
Having suffered depression in my early teens and have drifted in and out subsequently, I recognize it is not a good emotion to have talk more of allowing it fester.
Some causes include:
– Major stress, such as going through
a serious illness or losing someone
close to you.
– Hormonal changes. As hormones fluctuate after having a baby, before and during menstruation, and during menopause.
– Medications. Check with your doctor if
you’ve recently started a new
medication and are feeling symptoms
– Find a shoulder you can lean on. A confidant.
-Surround yourself with positive people as much as you can.
– Discover what makes you happy. For me, it is music. On my phone I have some selected songs I call mine. I play them when i have signs and symptoms of D and soon, am singing and dancing. Great movies and Writing does work for me.
– Change your thinking and speaking. Begin to only say good things about yourself. Make of a list of your best qualities and what the Word says about you and begin to confess it.
-Meditate and ponder on the truth from God’s word like John 3:16, 2Cor. 5:21, Isaiah 43:4, search for other related scriptures and personalize them.
-Go for medical examination to ensure there is no underlining disease or condition.
– Exercise for 90 minutes a week.
– Keep yourself warm.
– Be sociable.
– Get eight hours of sleep.
Irrespective of what you’re going through or have been through, you’re not creation mistake, you’re God’s special child!
Get close to him and He will make all things perfect in His OWN TIME.
Share your thoughts and contributions, will be looking forward to them.