Do invite others to share in this information, let them share in their RIGHT TO SIGHT.
* Always wear eye protection when carrying out activities in which particles or fluid could enter the eye.
* Please when you see children playing with broomstick, rods, pencil, pens or any sharp object, caution or take it away from their reach immediately. VERY IMPORTANT.
I witnessed a girl of 3 years who was stabbed by her elder brother of 2 or 3 years by the kitchen knife and suffered globe rupture and lost vision to the eye. The trauma the she and family suffered was agonizing.
Also witnessed children of primary school age suffer traumatic cataract.
So please when you see children playing with broomstick, rods, pencil, pens or any sharp object, caution or take it away from their reach immediately.
When there are major injuries to the eyes that lead to:
*pain in, or behind, the eye
*spasm of the eyelids
*a continuous flow of tears from one eye
*reduced or altered vision, or even loss of sight
*blood visible in the eye, or bleeding around the eye.
– Tell the person not to roll their eye.
– Help the person to rest in the position of greatest comfort with the injured eye closed.
– If the eye injury is caused by a chemical splash, flush the eye with copious amount of water.
– Advise the person to avoid all movement of the head to prevent further eye damage.
Cover the injured eye with a clean eye pad or wound dressing.
If there is a large foreign body lodged in the eye, DO NOT attempt to remove it, but pad around the eye socket to avoid pressure.
– Advise the person to keep the uninjured eye closed if possible to reduce the risk of movement of the injured eye.
Arrange for medical care ASAP.
I appreciate feedback. Have a splendid week and take care of your eyes and if possible that of others.